Tuesday, July 01, 2008

We're in.

We're all moved in and almost completely unpacked (minus three office boxes that might get unpacked before the new year). Does it feel like home? no, but it's getting close. I'm still in the shock of going from a 1 bedroom apartment to a 4 bedroom house with fireplace, 2 car garage and fenced in backyard. There's also the oddity of this little room near the master bedroom with a pastel blanket on the door handle. It still floors my mind to think of a baby living in there come late December. But this beginning baby bump is starting to make it feel like just maybe I'm not pretending.

Tomorrow night's Jes' bachelorette party and I really am so excited! I can't wait to hang out with Jes and the girls. But tonight calls for much prep. But I must confess, I'm really looking forward to all the prep. It really has been quite a joyous process.

Thursday Matt and I head down to Cinci for the weekend. Rehearsal Thursday night, Friday wedding prep and family (extended and immediate) time, and Saturday's the big day. It's funny but being Matron of honor doesn't feel quite as stressful as it once looked when I saw the whole picture. With all my mom's help in wedding prep, I feel like she should be titled Matron of honor and me... just Matron of show-up and ride it out.

But either way, I'll be posting later next week after all this joy is behind me and I can reminisce on it's memory.

And come Saturday... welcome to the family, Nayt. We look forward to having you!

No comments: