Monday, July 07, 2008

To This Day...

With sore feet and back, I can testify that the wedding was a success... and it was beautiful.
I'll be honest though, in agreeing whole-heartily to be Jes' matron of honor I did not calculate in the whole extra exhaustion of pregnancy factor. And yes, that's probably because at the time of saying yes we did not know nor were we planning to be expecting. But God gave me a supernatural strength when I most needed it - wedding day.

Sunday evening, after the church picnic, Matt and I put on PJs and pasted ourselves to the couch for many wonderful hours of sleeping (me), video game playing (Matt), and movie watching. It was a wonderful time of healing.

Here at work, today, I'm still feeling the lasting effects of a weekend well worth it. My eyelids became more heavy as noon approached. And this weak body longs for her soft blanket, noise-drowning-out fan, and firm mattress.

Congratulations Jes and Nayt. I think it all went beautifully. Now enjoy the honeymoon as "normal" begins to take shape again in your lives. I personally enjoyed most on our honeymoon the quiet times of just walking beside Matt and holding his hand. To this day, that seems to rank among the favorites. The feeling of "us". Congratulations Jes and Nayt again that "us" is now very complete for you both.


And Matt, I love you. I love you so much. Thank you for all your hard work that you did behind-the-scenes for Jes and Nayt. You bless me as you serve others. Thank you.

And avocado baby, I love you too. It's really amazing to me to watch God grow you up. And it floors me that just this upcoming winter (in 5.5 months) Matt and I may get our first chance to hold you in our arms. Oh, and Mommy thanks you for keeping down food this weekend (excluding Sunday). That was a really sweet gift of not barfing at your aunt's wedding. I know she's appreciative. - Enjoying the waiting for you. -

No comments: