Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tatoos and Hellos

Last night I dreamed that I got a tatoo. Not just any tatoo, but the BMX-biker type full upper body from neck to wrists to naval tatoos. Can you even imagine?! I was completely tatooed from neck to naval. And the funny thing was that I did it because in my dream Matt thought it was cool and I wanted to do it for him. Only I was completely trying to cover it up so no one would notice and be comfortable with it. (Totally my non-flashy character.) I told Matt about my dream before taking off for work. And I explained to him that in my dream I tatooed myself because he thought they were cool. "Not that cool!" he commented as he rolled over with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Four month prenatal visit went well. I've gained no weight in the past month (which doesn't bother or concern any parties involved in the doctoring process). So I guess what I experienced over the last month was a great migration/weight shifting. Being one who's not conscious about her weight, but just aware of healthy weight verses non-healthy weight, this concept makes me laugh. So that little one who seems to need a constant feeding of starch or carbohydrate product has found their source... sucking from various parts of me. Hehehe. Good for them. Take as much as you need baby... I'm fine with being left with what I started with. (I'm really not naive enough to think that this pregnancy won't be the biggest weight gain that I've had since my own prenatal moments.) But I do think the human body and, in particular, this human body is hillarious in it's adjustments to pregnancy. I'm all out of wack! Hehehe.

So with a little baby bump, I find myself quite satisfied in the current conditions:
puking once per week (or twice if it's a "bonus" week)
eating "fairly" normally (or at least more closely to a normal eating pattern - 3 "meals")
and sleeping ALL THE TIME!

And while depending on the shirt and pants selection it may be questionable if I'm not just gaining weight or actually pregnant (though Matt said if anyone ever thought I was just getting fat he'd "handle it" - hehe), when the PJs come on, the baby bump appears. "Hello in there," Matt reaffirms the growing bump. =)

No comments: