Friday, May 11, 2012

Christmas on May 11th

I heard the doorbell ring while I was sitting at the computer researching local pick-your-own farms. My ears perked up... could it be? I had just heard air breaks.... Could it be?!

I half-danced to the doorway as I saw the joyful brown tail end of the truck through the front window's open blinds. It could be... it could be.

A smile spread across my face as I saw the small package sitting on my doorstep, the delivery man having returned to his truck with a wave.

MY PACKAGE!!!!!

Christmas had come on May 11th when it was scheduled to come on May 12th.

I swiped up that package and headed for the kitchen pear knife in the knife-block. (Am I the only one that uses those things to open boxes?)  The seams cut easily and joy filled my heart at the sight of the bubble wrap (a promise of pop-ability later). There it sat, my organic coconut oil - a hope of three year old eczema and toddler diaper rash surrendering control.



So what did I do?

I knew she was still awake in that crib, fighting the occasional nap time stubbornness. I plucked that child right out of the crib, pasted her fanny and tucked her right back in. And the already asleep three year old? One side of her cheek was dusted. =D

People... it was CHRISTMAS!!!! hehe.


- Hopeful for future results. =)


*** When you fight sensitive skin needs any hope of relief is such a welcome helper, especially when watching your kids suffer. That AND... clearly I am easily amused. ;)

No comments: