Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's a Boy!

Ellen had her ultrasound this morning and it's a boy! I'm so excited for her. She called me all bubbly and obviously smiling as she shared the "healthy boy" news. And it was cool to hear her joy as she shared that Ron and she had a conversation in which they both marveled at having "children" not just child. The concept really made me smile and has brightened my day completely. I'm so happy for them.

Saturday I drove to Guitar Center to pick up some strings. And as I looked in the rear-view mirror the thought hit my mind in a more solid form than before, "I'm going to be running errands with a little person in the backseat soon." I couldn't wipe the smile from my face. I can't tell you how wonderful of a thought it was to think of a little sleeping one in the backseat as being "my baby" and not just a niece or friend's kiddo. Oh they're just as cute sleeping in the backseat, but "my baby" thoughts fluttered in my mind.

Well, friends, the nursery is done. Robin and I started and finished it last night. That's right, it's simple and totally us (that is Matt and I, not Robin and I us). Touches of blue (cause I love the color and so does Matt) and beautiful little painted on butterflies, bees and flowers. With a touch of ivy leaves and classic Winnie the Pooh wallpaper pieces, it's a warm little room of simplistic welcoming. And the bassinet/cradle Mom gave us adds this wonderful feel of new and comfort to the room. I absolutely love it. I absolutely love it. And I spent a little while last night just rocking away in the rocking chair Jes and I had the privilege of teething on and sleeping in. I gazed at the newly stamped walls and the sparkles of the blue glittered lava lamp on the wall... it was better than I had imagined. Simply wonderful.

Can't wait for Matt to get home and see it. I hope he's as pleasantly surprised as I was... and still am.

July 28th's our ultrasound. And I'm looking forward to "seeing" our little one for the first time.
The little fingers... the little toes... that's just going to be fun!

- take care, all. back to the grind here at work. -

No comments: