Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Practically Speaking

So I have a practical post here for all my helpful community out there. I was hoping you could keep a heads up for me regarding the following items. It's garage sale season and I have been searching for these lovelies to aid in the giggles for our little clan:

I'd really like a radio flyer wagon without paying a kidney - or 7 for it. So if you happen to see one in the 20-30 price range will you call me so I can snatch it up? I've been watching Craigslist (LOVE) for 2 months now seeking this item and was hoping to have given it to Abi for her birthday. But apparently that's not going to work out. I really would like the one with the seatbelts and the tall backed seats shown in the above link since my kiddos are so little that falling out of a wagon after it hits a rough patch in the grass is in their DNA. Thanks all.

*** Yay we got the wagon on Abi's birthday! (see above)


Also, if you happen to see a toddler climber this would be wonderful for our "in between" stage right now in our backyard play. It could be something small like this or something bigger. Rachael's not quite skilled enough to play on our big jungle gym (she's still very butt heavy in climbing the ladder) and it really just makes me quite nervous - and Abi - yeah right. So even if you were to find a "suntanned" toddler climber with a slide I'd be super happy to buy it within the 20-40 range again. Something like attached pictures above that's sturdy and all. I don't really care what it looks like and I'm not brand specific. I just can't rationalize spending that amount of money on a toy for the backyard. Seriously some of these things go for $600. That's feeding Tofic AND Lidia for TEN MONTHS!!! (gasps and dies).


We're also looking for a double jogging stroller with a swiveling front wheel. Matt and I are hoping to train for a 1/2 marathon because we are sincerely insane, but it's really hard to find babysitting 24/7. So if you find a double jogging stroller out there that's not trashed within the 30-40 range we would REALLY benefit from such. Something like the pictured above or whatever would be helpful.


Again, we're not made of money here and we're trying not to acquire merely a bunch of junk, but some useful pieces to add to our outdoor adventures. Used things are fantastic with us! Thanks for all you garage sale/bargain shopping goo-roos who have become delighted by this practical post. And thanks for not looking upon this post as a materialistic overload. =) Just trying to be frugal and practical all in one.

-Thanks!

4 comments:

Mom said...

I love the humor wrapped around the requests. You definitely got that from Daddy's side. Love you

Unknown said...

Training for a half marathon does not classify you as sincerely insane. ;) Just awesome!

I'll keep my eyes open (though I wish I had known you all more say, 9 months ago, when we had a radio flyer wagon. We left it in PA, in our garage, since that was where we had found it when we moved in!

Monica said...

mom, thanks. fond of Daddy in me too. =)

Monica said...

Jess, thanks for keeping a lookout for us. And bummer about the previous wagon discard via the move. We seem to have that kind of luck at times. hehe. It's all good.

Also, regarding the 1/2 marathon - glad to know there's other crazies out there like us who think running could be a habit, if not just a challenge to overcome. Now if only you could convince me that I could overcome this come mile 1. Kidding. But man no matter how you train mile 1 still feels like dragging your carcass over glass from a semi's tailpipe. (sigh) The joys of running! =)