Thursday, October 23, 2008

Little One

Pro of 7 months pregnant:
- frequent kicks

Con:
- baby dragging limbs and elbows to scrape along innards

Pro:
- carrying part of my family with me

Con:
- bladder and intestine kicks resulting in quick trips to the bathroom

Pro:
- still being able to get up and down form the floor, though it is becoming more awkward

Con:
- a co-worker informed me that the waddle-walk has become me

Pro:
- No one can tell me that #1 - there's not a baby inside & #2 - it doesn't have a mind of it's own

But in all, friends, it's really neat to feel baby's sleeping and awake patterns, hiccups, response to sugary juices, and migration patterns (while some are becoming more intrusive and painful). There is nothing like watching the faces of friends when they get kicked by our baby. And the increasing reality of the "countdown" being more and more in our favor when it comes to a potential birthday of this little one is quite fun. Part of me anxiously awaits the joy of being able to hold and see our baby, but the other part of me really enjoys the time that I get to spend right now, holding our baby. I often wonder who he/she will look like, what their personality will be like, and what it will feel like to live the normal day in and day out (my favorite part of doing life with Matt) with a little one. Thinking of the joy of being a mom and watching my mom's eyes light up at the thought of being a grandma and watching Matt's elated joy as he gets kicked makes me want to snuggle our baby.

God has so blessed us by this little life and they aren't even "here" yet. Thank you, Lord, for our little one. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful thing it is to see and hear you enjoy carrying your child. You have been waiting for this event since you were nine years old. We are all blessed to be a part of God's blessing to you and Matt.