Friday, October 03, 2008

Wrap Up/ Thinkings

I got a chance to do some cooking last night. It was nothing special and I'm sure it tasted likewise. But it was neat, nonetheless, to feel like I was contributing to my family in a way that I enjoy without time restraints. We had a bit of a later dinner and my potatoes/creme of mushroom/shredded cheese was of no great hooplah, but again, it was nice to serve Matt and our little baby with a home-made treat.

I've really enjoyed spending time with Matt lately. He was singing Dancing Queen to Dakota the other night. It's surprising how much life he is able to find in between his sniffles and nose-blowings. That's right... we're catching the sick bug around here.

I've been thinking a lot about family and have found a new level of "us" in thinking about how to best serve my family. That's right, this selfish thing is thinking of actually helping out more. Don't get your hope up too much, world, I'm sure it'll fade in a week (just teasing).

Thank you to all whom have called to check-up on me and share your love. I am so blessed by all you caring people (Robin, Jenney, Lydia, Renee, Pastor, Aunt Yvonne, Mom, Dad, Amanda, Jes, and anyone else that this clogged mind fails to mention that is no longer going to ever peak to me again for not putting their name in this entry).

Enjoying normalcy as it becomes a new kind of normalcy. Saturday Matt and I get to play chauffeur for Sarah and her boyfriend, Dexter as they travel to their first homecoming dance. I'm excited to get the chance to ride sidesaddle as Matt schmoozes them and parades about. Maybe I can even steal Jenney's camera and get a few pics of the joy. It still makes me smile to think that Sarah asked Matt to chaperon them and transport them. That's right... Matt made the cool charts again! (Insert "Dancing Queen" chorus)

Enjoy the weekend all ye people of cyberville. And I hope you all find the joy in normalcy.

God bless.

No comments: