Monday, October 20, 2008

Doggone

We came home tonight after getting our soon-to-be-arriving nephew a few baby-shower delights to find two eaten pencils, shredded book and chomped TV remote. That's right, Dakota decided to share her puppy side. So now her puppy side is sitting in her cage for the evening with an occasional commentary of "bad dog" from myself as I cleaned up the mess. With a phone call Matt has a new remote headed our way free of charge. But sadly, Dakota's puppyness has destroyed a book I was reading on some suggested methods to get our baby to sleep in more solid chunks through the night once kiddo comes. Apparently Dakota would like to see me suffer... once tonight and again come my return to work after baby arrives. That's worth a "bad dog" in my book. Upon seeing the mess I announced to my laughing husband regarding leaving Dakota out of her cage when we are gone, "That's the end of that."

Who knows, maybe in a good 10 years she can convince me that she is a good dog again.
J/k

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post reminded me of when Tasha got into the coffee beans. Yeah, it takes more than a day to forget when disaster strikes.

Monica said...

Oh yeah.. Tasha on coffee.... way more distastrous than Dakota on puppy. But at least Dakota was kind enough to eat only the intro and chapter one of the book and leave the tagmarked chapter two that I had read up until. So I'll just be continuing reading at chapter 2 and ignoring the torn off corner with teethmarks. None of the text that I had not read yet was damaged. It just now looks like I go dumpster diving for my reading pleasures. =)