Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Dakota. Rain. Fall.

Well it's been a week and she's been quite tolerant of my extra lovings (in fact I think she likes it all the more). I do miss Cheddar, but I had closure so that really helps. I haven't cried in a week. But I'm no longer concerned about crying. (yes, Robin... I did just say that.) I just take it as it comes. Oh but did I mention that I missed him cause I do.

For the past two mornings I've woken up before my alarm clock and felt semi-rested. Jackie, a friend, has been having contractions just not close enough together yet to bring their daughter into the world. She's hoping come Sunday (her deceased mother's birthday) she'll have a good reason not to be sitting in the familiar pews. I'm looking forward to her and her family's new addition. "This'll be you in a few months," she has said throughout this journey. She's such a sweet woman and her husband could not be more thrilled about the upcoming birth of his fourth little girl.

Things have just been trucking along here. I've been doing more cooking and my end of the deal when it comes to loading the dishwasher (trying to put on the illusion that we're trying around here). Matt and I bathed the puppy last night so this morning she is good and squeaky clean and soft... for the morning rain that she refuses to pee in.

Rain seems fitting today. I welcome the mellowness it brings.

I was talking to the baby yesterday while in the car (yes, I look crazy). I had forgotten that the baby could hear the outside world for a few weeks and figured I'd flex the insanity to say "I love you." Opened my eyes a little more to a reality that Matt and I are going to be riding in a few months. Family has taken on so much in trying to plan to care for someone we've never known and yet have always known how to care for. Again, it's like a huge guessing game and little one hasn't even showed their face yet. We're so excited at the idea of ruining another's life (just kidding). But it still feels surreal sometimes, despite the strong kicks, flips, and protruding belly.

Fall has arrived. Thanks be to God. how I love the fall. The nip has returned to the air. Pumpkin this, pumpkin that and the fall festivities are in full float. Corn mazes and all. I just love the fall. I can't explain it. It's just so awesome even though we don't really participate in the typical fall activities too frequently. It's just such a wonderful season of beautiful death (I'm talking about the leaves here). =) Yes, indeed, fall is to be thankful for. (Thankful enough to end a sentence in a preposition. - that one's for Robin.)

Okay... better finish rambling and get ready for another "office day" filled with "office stuff" and then real life can happen. =)

Enjoy your day today, all.

No comments: