Saturday, September 20, 2008

Light Hath Come

Thursday night Matt and I went over to the office behind our house to microwave some soup/ravioli for dinner and watch "the Family Man" (love that movie) on my laptop from the semi-comfortable choir/Sunday School chairs in Matt's office. As I walked back to the dark house Matt, driving ahead (since he was carting all the stuff) jumped out of the car and yelled across the parking lot, "We have power". I took off running across the parking lot toward the house. There was nothing as sweet as the sight of all our windows and blinds exposed and beaming with electricity. The smile could not be wiped from my face until sleep took it 10 minutes later. So, dear friends, at 9 something, but really at 10:30 Matt and my blackout was ended. And the light has been absolutely wonderful since.

No comments: