Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ailment Leftovers

Alas, the low iron returns. Had the low iron effect a while back before pregnancy, but now it's choosing to return. So iron supplements and orange juice are added to the prenatals and for one who doesn't like popping the pills... it's all for the baby. I came to the realization this morning after nearly losing my prenatal vitamin that I haven't missed a single day of prenatals in 6 months. That's right, I know you're jealous of these skills. Mom also informed me that with the addition of iron to my vitamin drug use (hehe) I will have another added feature that will return from trimester 1's joys. Bummer, dude. Real bummer. But I still have some left over fibercon. As for the poison-ivy type rash on my stomach it appears to have faded to a nice scar that occasionally jumps into remission (requiring an oatmeal soak). And the baby has picked up the fine art of kicking my large intestine with brute force causing that four-year-old "I'm about to go in my pants" sensation along with the more frequent bladder assaults. So to sum it all up... baby appears to be doing quite well and getting all that it needs. Me on the other hand... I'm getting the leftovers. =) - There's surprising joy in the leftovers sometimes.-

No comments: