Saturday, September 20, 2008

a concern now ended

During pregnancy you're not supposed to have blood in your urine. Signs of blood in your urine? Tinged-red urine. One of the combined signs of miscarriage? Tinged-red urine that doesn't go away and cramps. Last night while hanging out with Robin, my urine was tinged red and I had a cramp (which could be attributed to other things). After calling the on-call doctor and answering a few more questions regarding other miscarriage signs, I was told not to worry (it's not like freaking your body out will help any), drink more fluids, and take it easy. If the tinged urine persisted in the morning then I should call the doctor and report to the hospital for a urine sampling. So Robin and I watched a few CSI episodes on television (yeah electricity) and surfed to "What not to Wear" during the stupid parts of CSI and the commercials, vetoing our other Friday night plans for a night of couch sitting and drinking water and milk. And I just prayed with Robin, "God, take care of your baby please," trusting that God's way is best for my life. He knows my heart and He heard it laying the baby in His hands again today.
And my urine returned to it's yellow color later that night.

At 24 weeks a baby can be delivered with a 60-70% chance of survival. Prior to 24 weeks (6 months) the odds are not as favorable. I will be 24 weeks on Sunday. But it looks like this one is quite comfortable right where it is. And for that I am blessed.

(24 weeks)


Thank you, God, for being in control.... thank you.

No comments: