Thursday, August 07, 2008

Nothing Really

I don't really have much of anything to say so I figured it was a great day and time to post. Today's been a headless chicken day here at work which I guess is due to me because the last two days were so productive. Ate salad for lunch and baby LOVED it! Ranch dressing is amazing despite Matt's "want to vomit" feeling when thinking about kissing me after I have consumed Ranch. (love that man, he's hilarious.) Last night had steak at the Stauffer's house in celebration of Barb's birthday. Despite feeling nauseous, baby loved the steak and gave up on it's torture of me shortly after it was consumed.

Dorkily, I'm excited that we're getting the Internet all set up at home tomorrow. I look forward to being able to post pics that I've actually taken again. This excites me being as how it's been a long time since I've lost my jump drive and have been able to track down a consistent computer to upload my pics and post them. Yay for all you two readers out there as well because that means potentially less of my words and more stalker material.

Matt and I actually have a house phone line now (haven't had one of those in 3 years). Don't ask me what our phone number is, but by golly we have one and when we are ever home we'll be sure to check that answer machine and then forget to call you back.

The countdown to Niagara Falls is already going in my head. Despite not being a numerically based countdown, I am more than aware of how quickly August 22-25 is arriving. Also Matt has some kind of surprise on Aug 21 that he is absolutely thrilled about and enjoys teasing me regarding his mysterious plans. Thus far all I know according to Matt, "I've got your King's Island right here," [referencing to a good time] and that it's something that we'll do together. Beyond that... who knows?

And lastly before I go pee, I wanted to share that Ellen gave Matt and I some baby clothes that Becka used to wear. And you should have seen my husband's face light up when he came home from work one day to find me sitting on the nursery floor folding tiny little sleepers. It was so neat. And the clothes are just darling. So, my dear faithful readers, we now have a few of our frist baby clothes, despite having little direction from baby.

Lovin' life. And finding myself with many reasons to smile.
Hope you can say the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you always crack me up when you write posts like this. for example: "a headless chicken day" is AWESOME! I love how things just roll off your tongue er-fingers? Ahhhhh, that Elvy wit.

You know I'll kill you if you ever stop the silliness, right?

:-)

Monica said...

(fearing for her life) smiles and knods.