Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Niagara Falls



Vacation was wonderful. The falls were beautiful. Time away was marvelous.
There are so many pictures and stories, but I'll just do my best to sum it up quickly and nicely.
Matt and I went on our surprise Thursday night to Beauty and the Beast ( a dinner theatre) and had a wonderful time. We sang our favorite songs for the remainder of the weekend.
Friday I got off work earlier than expected and we were on the road by 11am. We got to Erie Pennsylvania by about 5pm, went swimming, ordered in Chinese Food (a tradition), and conked out. Saturday morning we headed to the Falls, went on a 5 hour tour of the Falls (complete with seeing some of the original rafts created by those who attempted to go over the falls), grabbed gyros and conked out. Sunday Matt and I recovered from the busy day before (primarily me), revisited some falls parts, found an Applebees (huge victory for we who were tired of tourist food), saw the Falls lit up and some fireworks, and conked out. Monday we made the treck home while leaving the best for last... crab legs at Red Lobster to celebrate our 1 yr anniversary.

Some vacation quirks and perks are the following:
  • passing a car where the driver's foot was hanging out the driver side window (decreases confidence)

  • Hollering random Greek words (mainly "Bleppo") during vacation - Matt had studying to do for an exam and I was "helping" by defining many vacation experiences by the three Greek words I know. And you know what? Not a single experience did I have trouble labeling a Greek word. I'm that good.
  • foreign guy who knew as many English words as I know Greek offering to take our picture and then standing uncomfortably close to the falls and moving around a lot. You should see the picture, Matt and I look a bit intense and decided soon after not to let anyone else take our pictures.

  • and many more that I will have to share at another time.

And last but not least... more pictures.



american bridal falls

lit up falls




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. looking at that last picture of Matt...he isn't having fun at all, is he? :-)

Monica said...

no that poor man didn't smile once on the whole trip. too bad, you know... he just doesn't know how to have fun. ;)