Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mindless

Yes, dear ones, Matt and I have officially lost our minds. We went and met puppy yesterday night. The drive to the boonies was nice. And as can be read in this title, we have made a decision.

She jumped on us, had etchy potty-training reports, tore through the house like a Tasha at night-time... and yet she captured our hearts and we couldn't help it. Her beautiful colors, "big dog" standing, redirectable behaviors, cage training (entering the cage on the command of "go to bed"), shot records, and other perks overcame the amount of training that Matt and I may need to reinforce with the 11 month old. Behaviors? Correctable. Now we just hope she doesn't cause Cheddar to get into too much of a tizzy.

We're due to pick her up in about a week and 1/2 after our anniversary trip. Matt and I are ECSTATIC about our upcoming road trip. Both of us are more than thrilled about this highly welcomed mission to Niagara Falls.

In other news, yesterday I managed to get some more yard work done on the house, this time in the back yard. All the while Matt enjoyed setting up his fantasy football league, which he appeared to have much delight in doing. And we saw one of Sarah's first high school soccer games. Talk about a proud brother and sister-in-law as we sat under the bleachers in the shade of the 400 degree day, right at eye-level of the game. Yeah... we definitely found the spot everyone else that was melting in the bleachers was wanting.

Oh, and also... I'm now at 19 weeks for those of you who would like to know. Matt preached a good, hard one today reminding the Body of Christ what we stand upon. I am proud, what can I say. I think I'll keep him. =) Cheddar just ran off with an old guitar string in his mouth. I think he secretly desires to be a cyclops. Oh and Robin directed me to pandora.com which is a free website where you can set up an individualized radio station based upon enjoying particular genres and styles of music. So I have been enjoying a themed blog entry with Over the Rhine and Sara Groves in the background.

Anyway... enough fun for today. Baby's hungry and I better get to walking next door (church)here soon.

No comments: