Saturday, August 09, 2008

I think it's safe now

So a while ago in May to be precise, I got the opportunity to play. Jes in her wonderful ideas decided to make a special gift for her hunny. And while I was trying to still figure out the sweet camera I borrowed from my friend, some neat shots arose from the "to be deleted" category. Thought you might enjoy seeing a few. Cause reader... this is what Monica enjoys. No, I am not any good at it and yes I borrow a friend's camera. But I really do enjoy taking a picture that captures a thought and an emotion. And just maybe some day I'll actually get good at it. Ehh... probably not. But it sure won't keep me from still shooting. =)

Anyway.. here's studio Jes and friends who helped her and 2 outside shots:



an unexpected shot seen and actually captured



a posed but fun



just caught

(which was hard cause she's a mover)


Jim on the keys



it actually started raining for us which was pretty cool


(Daddy was even outside holding an umbrella so the camera wouldn't get wet.


I felt all photographer-y. - Dad's great!)



this one I think she ended up using on the front cover.


after taking it I wondered "what is she thinking?"



and then this one's a little blurry, but I still am kind of drawn to it for some reason.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday Nayt was showing me the stats on our blog, cause he can see where people access our site from and etc. And he showed me that one person kept visiting us from "Todaysmeans.com" and I was like, "who's that?" And he said, I'm pretty sure it's your sister. Lol.

I like that he knows you.

Anyway, he clicked on it to prove it and there were these pics! I was like "YAY!" And Nayt took a moment to read your post. I think you intrigued him with pictures of his wife.

I really like your natural affinity for capturing thought...

Monica said...

thanks. you're not bad at creating thought yourself. makes it easier to attempt to capture. =)