Sunday, August 12, 2007

From Hiding

I decided to blog from my hiding spot here at Robin and my apartment. This past weekend has been wonderful with Andi's rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, and then wedding, as well as my LSW exam (I passed). But that was a lot of people interaction and exhaustion so today I am in hiding. I should be typing my paper, but I just flat out hate that paper with a vengeance and it's really hard to motivate myself to do so. (It's a long story, but I got a really frustrating and depressing draft back that absolutely insulted my intelligence and ate away at two weeks worth of work, grading it with a bitter "D". ... so needless to say.. I need to motivate myself to read my proff's commentaries as I re-edit the paper.)

Well, there's 13 days in closing until I become a Stauffer. A lot is swirling through my head and I can't wait to let it all go. I am beginning to finalize a wedding day schedule and work out the most tiny of details for the ceremony flow. And it's all coming into fruition quite rapidly.

I can't wait to finish college on Monday night. I am a bit stressed about job hunting this week. This week also marks my last week of work with my Kindergartners. And then that's that filthy messy room of mine that is waiting to be organized, weeded through, boxed up, and moved to the new address. I have decided that next week will be focused solely on finishing moving, helping Robin pack, setting up Matt and my apartment, and emotionally letting go of my anxiety about leaving the world of singleness. It's weird but after living your whole life as a single, it's hard to conceptualize and work through no longer being a single. It's kinda like the other day at work... "who will I be?" But anyway... along with next week's plans, I just wanted to spend a lot of time praying, reading the Word, and singing to the Lord. I know He will calm me in the midst of emotional stresses and last minutes. And I just want to be still... and know Him.

So, yeah... that's life thus far. From my hiding spot to yours... have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to go in hiding. That sounds nice. Can I come too?
mom