Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Family-Friendly Quiche



Everyone liked the quiche!!!! (Rachael was a little picky about the onions cause she bit into a big piece of one - my crying eyes could only take so much dicing.)

So from my skill-less kitchen to your skill-filled kitchen I give you the recipe.

Tuna Quiche


1/2 c mayo
2 tbsp flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c milk
1 (7oz) can tuna, drained
8oz (or a little less) cheese (shredded swiss = nice and melty)
1/3 c onion, diced (optional) - red onion = good, but not so hide-from-kid friendly
1 (9inch) unbaked pie shell



-preheat oven 350*
- mix first 4 ingredients
- stir in tuna, cheese and onion
- put pie shell in greased (for easy removal) pie pan
- pour mixture into pie shell and smooth down
- bake 40-45 min or until done




*** Those of you who know me, know that cooking is in no way a forte, but this one was easy and tasty!
 
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Way to go, Monica! :) I adore a good quiche - they're super easy, super inexpensive, and rarely result in complaining kids.

Though... the mayo? I've never done that before.

Monica said...

Jess, yeah I was hesitant at first about the mayo part. Quite honestly it sounded nasty. Lol. And I have at least one "ew, mayo" family member. But that family member said dinner was really good and he really liked it. Oddly the mayo just adds a little more of a whipped consistency and is unable to be tasted. Just think less of barfing and more of tuna sandwiches when you think of the mayo. ;)

Mom said...

Way to go Monica! This is very similar to the one I make. The one you wanted instead of a birthday cake. You can also substitute any meat for the tuna. I've done it with cooked and shredded chicken as well as leftover turkey after Thanksgiving or Christmas. I've also done it with cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese instead of Swiss and added broccoli or used green onions instead of white onion. Enjoy your new found cooking adventure.

Monica said...

I'm digging the "prepare during nap time and then all you have to do is bake" recipes lately. The reality is that Abi is HIGHLY impatient with me doing anything but giving her my full attention between 4:30p and dinner time. And cooking with someone screaming at your ankles takes all the focus and the fun out of it. So recipes that I can prepare ahead of time, when she's sleeping, have been a fun new twist to my "attempt at cooking' world.