Thursday, January 12, 2012

Back Again

Well I'm back, with the darkage of computerlessness still ongoing, but finding refuge in "stealing" hubby's work computer in the mornings and evenings. Christmas was wonderful, I'll drop in a post specific to it's wonders in a while. And New Years was.... well, normal for our little family of small children. We certainly weren't staying up since our bunch would be up at regular time. And we figured our morning gales coming over the monitor would sound more like crows cutting into our beauty rest should we have chosen to stay up til the wee hours of the morning. So we grannied it. =)

I am quite happy to have visited with my dear friend, Theresa, as in "THE Will and Theresa" my missionary friends over in Jos, Nigeria. They visited back for "the holidays" and I got to steal me some time of "tell me about your world." I'm sure they only had to explain their little world once or twice during their visit back to the States (wink, wink). It was so nice to talk about Jos as if it was in my backyard and also drill her about Jos life (sorry Theresa, hehe) without having to wait for an emailed reply.

Rachael's 3rd birthday was January 5, which felt like an extension of the holiday called Christmas-New-Years. Funny how those seem to come back to back, as if the week between them just vanishes. I'll post about Rachael's birthday in another post. Afterall, the firstborn deserves her own post. ;)

But nonetheless, we are just started to get back to normal things here (minus Abi's recent oogies). I have washed all the dolls, stuffed toys, doll accessories, and dress-up clothes in attempt to clear off some of the "to do" list before homeschool starts back up again. I also got Rachael's bedding done and my pillow case and blanket. Now all I have to wash are Matt's blankets/pillow case, our sheets, and Abi's jumble of blanket heaven. I feel all accomplished because I tackled the pileS of baby/toddler clothes that needed organized into their appropriate storage bins and got the house nicely organized, putting up all the old baby toys and cleaning out the playroom over the "holiday season" as well.

So, alas, here we are at the tale end of cleaning frenzy and almost ready to swing back into homeschool mania! (By the way, I just LOVE the flexibility of homeschool!!!) WOOT!

No comments: