Friday, January 27, 2012

Evidently!


I love how God still uses my husband to teach and challenge me in my walk in the Lord. Despite the ordinaries and the "been there, done that's" of each day, God still speaks things to my heart through the casual conversations with my Matt.

One such thing Matt brought up a few weeks ago and I wanted to share it because it has helped change my perspective for the better.

Matt mentioned being challenged by the Lord to not look at others' lives with discouragement for the potential that they could have in Christ, but instead to seek the evidences of faith in their life. Matt said that then he is able to rejoice at the Lord's hand in one's life and pray all the more to find more evidences. And in the concerning cases in which Matt is not able to find any evidences, to then pray for their salvation.

I think this brings a whole new perspective on Christ being alive in us.

It's about exhorting our brothers and sisters to run HARD the race set before us and keep the (evidences) of the faith so vibrantly alive in us.

So today, join me, in searching for the evidences of faith, hope, life, truth, self-control, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, and Godliness in others' lives. You might be surprised at the joyful prayers of thanksgiving and the exhortation that seem to flow naturally from your lips thereafter.


- thank you, again, Lord, for Matt's heart for You splashing me in it's overflowing.

No comments: