Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A Special Blessing

Today God sent me a special blessing. This morning at work I was a bit annoyed and frustrated at the usual "motherly" (picking up after everyone) tasks that I had to do in order to get my job started. It kind of started my morning off on a bit of a rough note and I was pretty discouraged. After speaking to my manager, I felt a bit better since I had actually shared my frustrations this time and done it as tactfully as possible. After drying off a bit (long story) and getting all the pick-up tasks done, I started about my regular routine. That's when God sent a special blessing.
"Monica! You have a job shadow." Sarah yelled at me from the front of the store.
"Great... I'm already way behind," came my Ebenezer thoughts. "Oh well," I shook it off. "Maybe I'm not supposed to finish all my work today. You can only do so much."
I headed up to the front to find a familiar face. It was Cassie, she had shadowed me about two weeks ago for a high school project. Now Cassie wasn't like all the other job shadows that we got at Pet Supplies Plus. Cassie actually #1. cares for animals and #2. WORKS! So I found it quite a blessing to have a friend to talk to while we completed my allotted tasks for the day. Cassie willingly worked hard and her smile and sweet personality was quite encouraging.
So, thank You God for your special blessing today.
You are so good to me.
I love You.

No comments: