Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Space and Fluff

Lord, may I do more than just occupy space until Your coming.
Moving with Your aim, not just wasting time on things that don't even matter in the end.
Teach me to prioritize Your time, cause it's not mine.
Teach me to invest in Your things, cause they're not mine.
And maybe even teach my heart to find Peace in brokenness.
I want to do more than just occupy space and fill time until Your return.





And You're coming soon. You said so. So, the time to Live is now. Guide me in obedience to Your schedule, not mine. Your will, not mine. Your cross, Lord, teach me what it means to take it up daily and not just nod my head with the rest of the crowd in agreement to moving while we sit comfortably. No, Lord, teach me to stand up and move because You call me to be more than idol "faith". Jesus, Your cross was because of my lack of good priorities. Your cross was because of my selfish "only what I want to do" schedules. Your cross was because of my commitment to one-inch relationships. Your cross was because of my wasting of time when You clearly said "go". Your cross was because of my fear of this world more than my fear of the God who destroyed many nations for unfaithfulness. Lord, teach me to fear Your wrath and not just accept this monotone, casual Jesus image of the world. No over-analyzed theory, fancy belt buckles, or even creative campus ministry propaganda can hide my lack of devotion to my God. Lord, only Your words ignite my soul to willing service. Only Your name is worthy of praise, not my weak efforts to make a name for myself. Your focus is the heart. So regardless of how I display myself, if my heart is not fully focused on You, Jesus, then I am lying. Remove the obstacles, Lord. Remove all this fluff, Lord, that keeps my focus on my worldly status and not Your Eternity. I was only designed to serve one Master. Lord, make status mean nothing. Conquer this self-pleasing, self-determining, but self-destroying mind of mine. Only One Master, Lord. Clear out the other "masters". Only One Master.





I love You, Jesus. And even when I feel like I'm the only one, You are indeed worth it.





You are well worth it all.

No comments: