Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A Hot Kneecap

Alas, I found myself in the midst of a Sociology class, yet again, when my Professor expelled her troubles.

"My knee hurts." Came her strong Norwegian accent. "Yesterday I have a brisk walk and when I teach, my knee, it swell and hurt. I go home and put it up, you know, and it went away after, you know, a little while. But today, it hurt, that why I sit down today." She explained as she addressed the class from her plastic chair. "Any of you have a knee problem before? You know, like your knee hurt many time, you know, a lot. Like a knee trouble often in the year? What do I do?"

A student suggested putting ice on her knee and then elevating it for a while once she got home.
"Ok, ok. See, it hurt and I feel heat come out of it, you know." She explained as she rubbed her kneecap. And then the conclusion burst from her lips, "So if I die tomorrow then you know why."

We all burst out in laughter, professor included.

No comments: