Monday, March 12, 2012

To Take the Bag Home...

I'd like to take the bag home. I saw a woman leaving with the bag. Her smile was big, "the scary window" had passed. Life alive inside.

I'd like to take the bag home, the one filled with hope, life, and joy. Bustling to the brim with "new pregnancy" freebies. And the Dr.'s water bottle. Even the little urine sample cup.

I've been praying to take the bag home, this time. I know You hear my prayers. The bag matters to You. It matters to me. It even mattered before.

I'd like to take the bag home, God, if it could please be in Your will. Last time it was left on the chair. She was gone. The bag was unneeded... nonfunctional without her heartbeat.

I'd really like to take the bag home, the first trimester accomplished. And tell of the good news to more than just a handful. Celebrating life as You create and prefect.

I'm praying to take the bag home, this time, Lord. Thank You for hearing my prayers. Thank You for the peace You bring, the comfort within, that in Your arms I can securely ask


to take the bag home.


* written February 8, 2012

No comments: