Thursday, March 29, 2012

Anticipating Everything BUT This...

A few days ago I posted our goodbye to a beloved friend. I wanted to update you all on the grieving process:

She appears to be over it. I'm not even sure if she needed a grieving process, honestly. She asked twice during nap the first day about her pacifier to which I told her "Paci's all gone. Paci's bye bye." And she altered her affection to her blanket and singing seahorse (who were previously a needed trio and now a needed duo). At night time (day 1) she didn't even mention it. The following day at nap time she asked about paci. I told her the same two lines I had recited the day before. She moved on. That night (day 2) - no issues. Yesterday (day 3) at nap she never mentioned the pacifier and yesterday at bed she asked one time with the same response to my answer.

Today (day 4) she didn't mention it at nap time.


That's it. My drama queen has been surprisingly undramatic about the whole process.

I had anticipated everything but this kind of a reaction.

Wow! That was easy! This ROCKS!

So it appears that the beloved friend is in the past with minimal eye batting and much moving forward.

As for blankey and seahorse? I couldn't care less if she sleeps with them for the rest of her life. They won't make her teeth rot out or delay her speech. And they are loved, snuggling friends who provide much comfort primarily at bedtime or on "waking up on the wrong side of the bed" mornings. Dude, we all need our comfort snuggling every once in a while. ;)



- Thanks, Jesus, for the evidence of her trusting that we'll provide what she needs.

No comments: