Friday, November 07, 2008

G'mornin' Ya'll

Well, dear friends, this morning is another fabulous Friday. And why are Fridays fabulous? Because they seem to come quicker and quicker lately. It's been surprising to me how quickly these past few weeks and months have flown. And I must be honest here... I'm really enjoying that aspect. See, when you're waiting in excitement and anticipation for a baby (just ask Matt, he can testify), the waiting can be fun, but so can be the receiving. As the days pass and I pass by the nursery I wonder about baby. Will she be a she or he be a he? What color eyes and hair? Will baby have Matt's nose, my nose or a combo of both? Cone head? (Hey, our niece pulled it off and she's a cutie now). Will baby be a smiler? A clinger? As active as baby has been inside?

Obedience training is going well with Dakota. Sometimes she is a selective learner, but she is trying and I'm sure she's enjoying the fruit of her labor. (Do you want a treat?) We've gotten a greater distinction between speak, sit and lay down. Though sometimes she decides to sit and lay down with vocals (which is not atypical for a husky). I think the biggest improvement is the consistency and intentionality of training her from Matt and I. She's a good girl and I'm looking forward to obedience class on Sunday.

Tonight Robin and I get to hang out. I'm looking forward to trashing our kitchen tonight as we attempt to make an edible-looking birthday cake for Jes' birthday celebration tomorrow. I told Robin to be prepared to get dirty because I'm a messy baker. "I know," came her instant I've-lived-with-you-for-a-year-and-know-all-too-well-your-baking-habits response. "We only have one apron so you're going to be out of luck," I told her. "What are you talking about? You should be the one who's afraid." So apparently she is already planning her tactics to acquire my apron. Hehe. This should be quite fun!

Matt's 10-page "short" paper is due Monday for his class. This is the first and last of his semester papers here in the first semester of his seminary degree. Matt is really looking forward to the semester's end as we both count down tests, exams, and paper. That 6 week break will be well-deserved for Matt and highly enjoyed by all. (Let alone the normal joy of the holidays and the new joy of our soon-arriving baby).

So yeah, things are humming along with life and all. Work helps me look all the more forward to a 2 month break devoted solely to family. Church is going well. I'm still looking for my spot to serve and grow at church, but I'm confident that some day I'll find it. Until then, I keep popping around the church and being involved in various ministries. i was thinking how quickly this past year flew by in reference to Matt and my first year of marriage. Odd to think of celebrating 2 years of marriage in 10 months from now. Odd in a cool way, not in a "I didn't think we'd make it this far" way. Looking forward to the arrival of our nephew in 33 days. Really looking forward to Thanksgiving in Michigan and going to the NFL Hall of Fame around Cleveland-ish with Matt "on the way back" after Michigan. Looking forward to finding out if our fireplace can burn wood, Saturday afternoon with the family, seeing Iowa at church on Sunday, tonight with Robin, snuggling with Dakota (when she's cooperative), and that feeling of freedom as one leaves the Friday parking lot in pursuit of the weekend.

So g'mornin' ya'll and I hope things are going well with you. Hopefully you have found life's little joys to enjoy. Have a good one!

No comments: