Friday, November 21, 2008

just another friday

It feels like years have passed since the alarm went off at 4:30 this morning. Dakota's road-kill with eyes open position spoke volumes to my inner core. Surprisingly despite the time, I was able to find some productivity stored in the depths of my character that outpoured through group note after group note from 6-7:30 this morning. At 10 my body decided it was time for lunch. And now at 12:30 my body has decided it's time for a nap. So with a jolt of a froo-froo coffee drink from downstairs (the last of my allowance money) I find myself once again trying to spur on to productivity. Only this time my rebellion kicks in. So Sara Groves is helping to refocus and put me back in the zone I found myself in this morning. Blessed am I, my first intake no-showed. Now hopefully my second intake will no-show and I can find myself homeward bound after only putting in 9 hours of work. What was once a personal attempt to complete "all my outstanding paperwork" has melted into a realistic goal that is being played out differently than the initial attempt. Another quiet Friday, me and the janitor competing for the longevity award (only he appears to have more life than this carcass) and the regular 3 dedicated individuals in the office - 2 newly hired. How everyone else appears to pull off their workload and a 40+ hour Monday through Friday shift without being in existence on Fridays still remains a mystery to me. But alas... back to the repetitious soul-sucking of the office - brightened a bit by Sara Groves' melodies that cut through thick Friday drag and ironically sing out about, "freedom..."

No comments: