Sunday, November 02, 2008

Flyin' Fall

Good morning all. It's so nice to wake up in the "fall back" as opposed to the "spring forward." Yeah, one more hour of sleep is quite nice. It's given me a bit of extra time this morning to come to a couple of realizations and looking forward to a couple of things today.

1. We're starting obedience training class with Dakota today at 2pm. I'm looking forward to spending some time investing in our dog's character and also helping her to be less psycho on the lead. This is an 8-week training class teaching the basics with some other beginner and non-puppy dogs. I'm actually looking forward most to spending time with Matt in working with our doggie that he loves so much (not to imply that I don't love her, but just that she' totally Matt's dog due to the way she has adopted him).

2. I was looking through my calender today and realized that today marks week 30 of pregnancy (as you can see from the baby ticker above) but in other terms that marks 10 weeks until the baby's due date. That blew my mind. 10 weeks out, friends! Wow. That's coming quite fast. Not a bad fast. Just whew! Fast! I remember counting down the wedding. And now my planner has the baby countdown going. It's crazy to see the things we plan for and have planned for come and go with such speed. Before you know it the youth weekend will be here and then the baby shower and then Thanksgiving and then child birthing classes start and then the baby shower with mom and then Christmas and then baby's right around the corner. It absolutely blows my mind. And crammed into all that we get to welcome our nephew into the world on December 10th (Ellen's being induced). And there's the live nativity scene. And so much more to look forward to as the days go by.

Yesterday as Matt and i walked through the mall I said, "You know hunny, it's kind of crazy to think that in just a couple of months we're going to be carting a baby around." "Yeah," Matt said, "Only we probably won't be at the mall." (Typical rational thinker.)

Matt's getting excited and it comes in his tone of voice, his eyes and his incorporation of baby in his sermons. Baby is on his mind. And he's excited. And it's really neat to see and hear.

3. Iowa's coming to Ohio next weekend. I'm so thrilled! It feels like years ago that Renee moved to Iowa, when it's only been months, but I look forward to giving her a hug and seeing her with my own two eyes next weekend. it's an absolutely wonderful joy to have ended our last conversation with, "Welp, see ya next weekend." We should totally end more conversations like that. =) It's funny how much Renee has become a normal part of my thoughts that passing her old house randomly on a short-cut brings back memories of going for a walk about the neighborhood with Ivan, Emmett and Renee. We were talking about life as it was handed to us. And it's just so fun to think of what life has handed to us since that day. - Look forward to seeing my friend.

Well, Matt's up and I'd like to make him breakfast when he gets out of the shower so I better go. I hope this post finds you all doing well.
Thanks for caring to read my rambles and I look forward to reading yours. =)

Take care.

4 comments:

Renee said...

Your sweet to be excited about our upcoming visit! Only days now! Please don't run out of cell phone minutes between now and then! :) By the way, good job cooking bfast for Matt - boys like food.

Monica said...

oh no fear, we've only used a little over 1/2 of our cell minutes this month. (AKA I tried a bit harder to not use ALL of our minutes.) So we'll have plenty of contact minutes. And you are right, boys do like food. =)

Anonymous said...

well I hope the obedience classes teach Dakota to not choke while she "walks" :-)

PeBe's mad at me cause I didn't share my ranch and carrots. He would probably eat the carrots too. Nayt threw him a black olive off my pizza the other day and he ATE it. So, it's official, he's an Elvy cat. :-) Lol.

Monica said...

hahaha. way to go PeBe. Represent!!! hehe. But Nayt sacrificing a prized black olive? Get him in line there, Jes. J/k, hehe.