Monday, April 30, 2007

Broken Sick

Boots broke his tail last night (the one on the left). Robin and I are still confused about how exactly it all happened, but I have this guilt-complex that I was somehow involved in it. This morning he was super lovey-dovey to me. This both made me feel bad for him and made me feel like a low-life to have potentially hurt him.

I'm sick today. I think I'm coming down with what Robin had... has. She went to the doctor last Friday after I threatened to take her to the ER if she didn't stop choking to breathe. She has a sinus infection that, if left to progress a few more days, would have turned into bronchitis. She's now on antibiotics.

I'm not absolutely convinced that I have caught her sinus infection. And I'm not missing school, work or internship any time soon to go to the Doctor's unless I absolutely have to.

In calling a lady from my house church to warn her about my sickness since I was holding her baby last night, she said "well, that's good. Now you can get a break from all that's going on." To which I quickly responded, knowing well of my demands of my schedule, "No. Anything that I cancel I'll just have to make back up on another day."

I had a hard night last night. Between the mucus build-up, nausea, scratchy throat and heavy conscience, three and a half hours of sleep is all I could come by. Part of me doesn't care if I get sick. Bring it on! Says my cockiness. But another part of me wonders if this will be the final straw to break this camel's back.

I have been so overwhelmed lately.

So overwhelmed...

I miss Matt.

No comments: