Thursday, April 19, 2007

Blogged Decapitations

I was reading a blog's comments (yep, I had a bunch of extra time this morning since I bathed last night) and I found this comment. Let me give you some context. The blog consisted of documenting struggles in bedtime routines with children. After reading of how a mother tried to please her daughter in cycling through bedtime routines until the best bedtime routine was formed, this comment busted out of the crowd.


I can just picture a mother's mentality (having experienced similar bedtime annoyances of children escaping the dreadful un-railed bed) of doing a bedtime routine for the sole purpose of getting a child to go to sleep. And then I read this post:

I still sing to my girls. However my oldest is 7 and she's starting to understand that Mommy can't sing well.

Also, I occasionally, if hassled enough, will read them a book.

Then of course the night ends by me yelling, "GET BACK INTO BED!!", or "Stop playing around, or I'll come in there and throw away your stuffed animals."

and maybe by 'throw away' I mean cut Winnie the Pooh's head off...


I have never laughed so hard at a blog before.

Now, before you freak out on me and think I have a horrific sense of humor, please note that I would never imagine a mother would actually decapitate a favorite Pooh Bear, but I too have experienced the utter annoyance for those little ones who feel the great need to floo the coop for a half hour or so after bedtime has officially ended ten times over.

And someone vocalizing it was absolutely hilarious to me this morning at sun-up.

No comments: