Saturday, December 09, 2006

An Unfitting Dress and a Solo



For those of you who don't know... I headed down to Cincinnati this past weekend. (Really it was Friday night to Saturday early afternoon.) For those of you who know what I initially headed down there for... no it didn't fit. And for those of you who don't... I was trying on a wedding dress.

But no fear... my trip was not in vein.


I really enjoyed getting the opportunity to hang out with my mom and dad. I had had a really horrible day on Friday and I was actually looking forward to seeing my parents. (Not to say that I do not usually look forward to seeing my parents, it's really that usually bad days cause me to seek out alone/away time.)

It was a fun trip filled with viewing mom's old wedding dress (it was really neat to see a symbol of the start of my parent's marriage- and also all the hard work my mom's sister had put into making her '70s lace wedding dress), wedding dress online exploration, a GOOD night's sleep (FINALLY!), a quiet morning, enjoying a contata practice, hearing my mom's solo (she did really well. I am still impressed at how despite her stage fright, she really gave her all to God... ignoring the fear. GO MOM!), holding a baby (always wonderful), and a nice lunch.

I was so blessed by the trip.

Thanks God, for once again, blessing me in ways that I did not imagine.

I love you, Jesus.

No comments: