Wednesday, December 20, 2006



I went to the Princeton High School Holiday Concert last night. It was so weird.
I was so glad that my sister was there. Matt came with me too. [Sweet boy.]

So yeah... at the closure of the Holiday concert, all Alumni are invited on the stage to sing the Hallelujah Chorus from the Messiah and Silent night [which the audience gets to sing along with as well]. My sister and I were laughing as we attempted to squeak out the high notes in the Hallelujah Chorus. We didn't sound too bad, but for a second soprano and an alto... it was rough. Hehe. We did sit in front of Jes' old best friend (or maybe they're still good friends.... but I'm not so sure). Nonetheless, we saw some familiar faces. There were a whole 3 people from the class of '03. But we saw a few others from other classes. It was kind of weird too cause I ran into a good section of the Grease cast. [Yes, in case you didn't know... I was actually in Grease the musical my Senior year.... yep... I was Sandy.... Moving On.] So yeah.. the concert was pretty neat, but weird at the same time.

[By the way in case you are confused... the picture above is from my Senior Recital... it wasn't actually at our school, Princeton, but at a Cincinnati Music Hall side-stage room. - The room's acoustics ROCKED!-]

One thing that was quite weird was a conversation with Megan after the holiday concert. Megan was actually in the class of '04, so she was a year behind me (and still is actually). Megan spoke of others from my class. Two names popped up... an old best friend of mine, Erin Kennedy, who according to hearsay is engaged. Congratulations Erin, wherever you are. And then sadder news came to my ears about an old classmate who is expecting her first child soon. It really made me sad to think of the single-mom situation that this child would be born into. Furthermore... I just wonder if God is going to use this child to open his mother to the good news. She has been so closed for quite a long time.

On a happier note, I did get to report my engagement to a few old friends while at the concert, which was always a joy to brag on my Matt.

And furthermore, Jes, her old friend, and I explored the place of our teenagehood... ragging Matt and Nayt along. They were sweet for entertaining us with their interest.

Overall, the night put a good close to my Alumni status. If I never return there again, then I'm okay with that. I went once. But in all honesty... God has me in a new place now. And I look forward to all that He brings me in contact with as He guides me down His road of life.

Thank You, Jesus.

No comments: