Monday, May 01, 2006

My weakness


Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me-to keep me from exalting myself! Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness."

- 2 Corinthians 12:7-9




And I can see that my hands are trembling,
I can see that my legs are weak
I can see that my head is spinning, but I will overcome
And I know that my heart is hurting,
And I know that my soul it aches
And I know that it seems I'm failing,
but I will overcome,

O Lord I'm strong in You, O Lord I am wise in You
O Lord I can see in You, so I will overcome
O Lord I am loved by You, O Lord I am free in you
O Lord I'm complete in You
So I will overcome,
I will overcome,
I will overcome

~ And I will overcome not by my strength but by Your grace and love ~

-Charlie Hall, "I Will Overcome"

No comments: