Monday, May 29, 2006

Just Keep Swimming, Swimming, Swimming



Yesterday after church I went Swimsuit shoppping. Now, let me remind you of one thing, this Monica is not a fan of swimsuits. Swimming? Oh, I could eat it up. Swimsuits... YUCK!

So, I discovered a few things while I was out swimsuit shopping. First of all, modesty is almost completely etched out of our society. Secondly, there are very few swimsuits out there that are designed to swim in. Most are designed to barely cover your necessities, but don't move or the thing might fall off. Thirdly, I am too "out of fashion" to shop at Target, K-mart, and Meijer, and too too "hip and young" to shop at ValueCity Department store. And, as I also overheard a mother guiding her daughter's swimsuit choice, I shop in the "old people" section. Now, I'm not really sure what the lady ment as she whispered to her daughter before vanishing into the newest partial-nudity of this day and age, but if "old" equals modest, then sign me up! I defaulted to Kohls. Yes, wacky expensive and totally frustrating to find only a few modest choices without being dressed like a whale. I found my pick in the "athletic section" though there were a few "athletic" choices in which I pondered their ability to stay on, let alone survive "athletics". So, the winning choice was... [insert picture] oh... {extremely sarcastic} BUMMER... the picture wouldn't paste. Man! Better luck next time!

So, the moral of my shopping experience? The fallen world is most certainly not rising any higher in their standards.
AKA... SWIMSUITS STILL SUCK!

No comments: