Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A 35 Drive


Today I drove down to my Practicum site in order to get a paper signed. On the way back to my apartment, the 35 East entrance ramp was closed. So I found myself riding 35 West to 75, then 75 to 675, then 675 exit 15, and back to my apartment. The trip was an unexpected time and gas muncher. Once on 75, God spoke up, "You have to take this journey anyway, you can either be peaceful about it or frustrated. But either way, you're still on this journey." I decided to wander in my thoughts about rescheduling the remaining time before work so as to be most productive and other joyous thoughts. After a few minutes, I was really enjoying the detour. And as I rode the looping entrance ramp onto 675 from 75, a smile consumed my face. I thought of when I first found 675 nearly 2 and 1/2 years ago. I thought about first stepping foot on campus and how confused and lost I felt. And then I compared it to now. Then in flooded thoughts of Apex. And my dad's words came to mind, "I'm impressed. You've really planted roots and found your connections up there." My daddy's right, because of God I really have made a place for myself and done the best with what I've been given. It was just really neat to think back and compare it all to now. It gave me confidence that no matter where my Lord brings me in the future, I can use it to glorify Him, if only I just rely on His character to supply all that I need and jump upon opportunities that I am given.

He is a good God.

Thank you, Lord.

No comments: