Monday, May 08, 2006

No Dead Corpse Finish Line

Well I did it. I made a goal about a year ago (when I could only run a mile) that I wanted to be able to run 5 miles comfortably before I graduate. Now, I would like to take this time to remind you that I am no long distance runner. Don't get me wrong, I'm no sprinter either. I guess I'd consider myself a "walker" because I really do enjoy going for walks to process and wear down my day. But today? I did it. I ran 5 miles in 55 minutes. I don't even care about what the breakdown of how "fast" or (in reality) how slow I was going [11 minutes per mile]. All that is just water under the bridge. The fact remains that I did it. I ran 5 miles without dragging my dead corpse across the finish line. Think this is the end of running? Oh no, friends. I will keep at my five mile journeys so as not to loose the ability to run five miles before I graduate. (That would defeat the purpose.) But as for now, I am just overjoyed that after a year of work I have attained my far-fetched goal. Praise the Lord for He is Good!

No comments: