Sunday, October 09, 2005

Through my Lacking

Excerpt from a letter:

"It's funny how daily we are given the opportunity to surrender our all and choose the abundant Life of Christ. Some things are easily placed on the alter, while others feel like they are nearly torn from our arms. But, alas, our Isaacs must make their way to the alter no matter how much we feel the act defies the Lord's promise to us. God's plan is best and even when I feel most tempted to rip my Isaac from the alter; His plan is still best for my life. I speak these words partially for your mind's ease, but mainly for my own as I find myself in occasional moments of fear and doubt. Living Biblically was a choice that I made at baptism and yet sometimes it still surprises me when self-sacrifice hurts.


My God is good...

My God is bigger than my fear.

My God has already conquered my fear.


I shall try my best to live according to that Truth and trust in Christ to carry me through my lacking."



I'm nothing without You, Jesus.



make me less,

You More.

No comments: