Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Doors

So what do you do when the Lord opens a door that has never been opened before? What if He has always told you to go through a certain door, but now you look down the hallway and realize that another has been opened? Do you continue doing what He has always told you? Or has He opened that door for a reason? If He has, then what reason? Maybe it's for the purpose of testing your persistence to follow the path He has set before you. Maybe He is guiding you to a new path in your life.

So which is it?

Refer to His Word. Refer to His guidance set out thousands of years before your name touched the minds of your parents. But what if you find conflicting answers. What then? Go back to the last thing He told you and stick with it until He changes your mind. Ok. That I will do.

God, if you are wanting me to switch courses, You are going to have to bluntly tell me. Please keep my mind, ears and eyes alert for Your direction. I will follow Your lead, Lord, to the ends of the earth. You are my First Love. Please, God. Guide me on the path that will most glorify You. I love You. I trust Your lead.

No comments: