Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Simple-Minded

'A simple and orderly life represents a clean and orderly mind. Muddled thinking inevitably results in muddled living. A house that is cluttered is usually lived in by people whose minds are also cluttered, who need to simplify their lives. This begins with simplifying and clarifying their thinking. Mind and life need to be freed from the "disorder of the unnecessary."
" ... Be mentally stripped for action, perfectly self-controlled...," is what Peter (1 Peter 1:13) says we must do.'
- Elisabeth Elliot (from "Discipline: The Glad Surrender")
What a phenomenal challenge for those, like myself, who live in clutter. Lord, God, grant me the discipline to simplify my mind and my life that I may better serve You with the fullness of this living sacrifice.

Teach me the wisdom to apply this knowledge.

Please, Lord.


In Christ's name I pray.

No comments: