Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Healer, come heal


So wisdom teeth surgery has left me in a bit more pain than has been expected. My surgeon had to take some of the bone on my lower left side and my lower right side was leaning on a nerve. In english, this means that my pain will long outlive my pain pills. At 4 o'clock this morning, I awoke to my newly-built habit of sleeping for the length of a pain pill (6 hours) then awaking and taking another. I am sad to report that only four pain pills remain. Being as how yesterday I tried to ration out the pills and take them only when I absolutely was about to explode and I spent a good section of the day on the bathroom floor, nauseous from the pain; this is a bad thing. My mom said she's going to call into the surgeon's office today if I'm not feeling drastically better. Afterall, it has been 5 days since my surgery and I have yet to advance to solid foods.
Last night I awoke and thought to myself, "Self, Paul really got beaten and battered for standing upon God's word and Christ's love. And at the end of every day, he could take his wounds to Jesus and fall at His feet. He could offer them up as a living sacrifice for his Savior, as an offering for his Lord. I wish I could do the same thing with these wisdom teeth." So I've decided to make the best of the situation. I am quite frustrated because I feel like I'm being so hindered from serving by this recent ailment. People at work need to hear about Jesus, friends need reminders of Christ's love, my Senior High girls need encouragement and sitting here on my butt at home because I can't drive and I have lovely motion sickness is not helping at all! But then I must think about the times that Jesus healed people in the Bible. And I must think about how long some of them were sick before healing. So while I pray and wait for the Healer to come heal me, I'm going to come up with a way to encourage and support God's people from my house. That's right, I'm bound and determined. No wisdom tooth pains are going to keep me from sharing the love of Christ.

No comments: