Friday, August 19, 2005

Beaver-Face Update

So I'd prefer not to think of myself as a chipmunk because my face isn't THAT swollen. But I guess thinking of myself as a Beaver will do. Afterall, Beavers have sorta fat faces, but they are cute. Lol. So at least I can be cute and fat. =)

So my body is tired and I'm on pain meds, which is nice cause that means I can't feel the pain ... yet. But my mind is wide awake. On the ride home I was talking to my mom. She was struggling desperately to understand my baby-talk, but she put up a good effort to keep from laughing as much as possible. Whenever she would get really quiet I knew it was my turn to ask, "Did you get that?" Hehe. The answer was always "no."

So I slept for about an hour, but in all honesty, I'm not as put out as I thought I'd be. I have a surprisingly good tolerance for sleep-inducing pain meds. Granted, whenever I feel tired, I lay down, but even with the laying down I don't feel myself falling asleep. I'll try to go to bed early tonight though, regardless. I'm doing my best to keep fluids in me, despite all the fluids having an aftertaste of gauze. hehe. Oh and WAY exciting news... I have complete feeling and taste back in my tongue. YES! I can finally taste my lime sherbert. YES!

My bottom lip though... lol... that's a piece of work. I've mastered the ability to drink water w/o it leaking through my chin though. But I really do feel like a baby when my mom notifies me that there's been something hanging on my lip for 10 minutes. Hehe. I hope to regain feeling soon. I've never been punched in the lip before, but I'd imagine that the aftermath would be similar to this. And in case you are wondering... no I'm not really planning or hoping to get punched in the lip further in life in order to compare the two experiences.

One sad thing happened though... I forgot to ask if I could keep m wisdom teeth. Saddening. I really was curious what exactly they looked like and how big they were. Poo-y. Oh well, maybe next time.... wait.... no. (hehe.)

So despite the nearly passing out event this afternoon when I was home by myself and woke up from my nap to find that the pain medication was beginning to wear off. I took the gauze out and suddenly didn't feel so well with sight of it all. Yeah, I broke into a cold sweat like after I gave blood and I debated on whether I should call my mom to notify her that I thought I was going to pass out. See, when I gave blood the ladies seemed to be a little concerned at the fact that I might pass out, so I figured my mom would want to know. But instead of calling, since my mouth hurt and I wondered if she'd be able to understand me anyway, I just took down some motrin (which apparently I wasn't supposed to.. oops.) and put some ice on my face while laying down. I felt better after a little while. So, despite that incident, I am doing quite well. I am taking my meds cause there's no way that I'm going to try to hinder this healing process by my pride of thinking I can handle the pain. NO WAY! I'll happily label myself a baby if it means I heal better and feel less of the throbbing. =)



Thank you to all you who prayed for me this afternoon. I think only like 3 of you occasionally read my blog, but to the three... and to the others... thank you. I really appreciate you helping to fight that battle in heaven. I am doing quite well and I am positive that it is because #1, God is good and #2, your prayers helped a lot.

And Kel, if you ever read this, thank you for calling me. I was starting to get quite scared and it was good to hear your voice, even if I made you late to work (sorry bout that one).


So with beaver cheeks... I'm signing off for tonight. G'night all.

No comments: