Monday, August 15, 2005

Heavenly Rain

Oh what a glorious day!
How You bless me.
You ... I just can't find the words...


Lord, I long for you to come sit with me. Wrap Your arms around me. I wish I could feel Your sweet kisses on my forehead. Your warm, comforting embrace.

But Your physical return has not occurred yet, though I wish You would come.

So, instead, I will grab my blanky and my fox... put on a nice pair of warm socks and comfy clothes... and sink into the comforts of the livingroom couch. There I can imagine the warmth of Your arms around me as I wrap myself in my blanket. And there I can imagine your gentle kisses as I watch the heavenly rain sooth the thirsting earth. And there I can meditate on Your blessings that embrace me during my life. Lord, I wish I could just sit there until You return. But I know, that this hour will conclude and soon, my Lord, You will call me back out to Your broken people. There is much work to be done, many lives to be saved. Yes, Lord, I feel Your calling. But I also feel Your sweet words...

"Rest, my child... for now, rest..."






There are no words to describe what I desire to say to You in this moment.

Thank You for understanding.






I love you, Lord.

No comments: