Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Our Goga

So we were blessed by my mom staying with us for the week after Hannah's birthday. While the first few days after returning from the hospital were a bit busier and less "camera-friendly", I did manage to return to the living and bust out my camera to capture a few pictures. =)

Making "Chicken Toes" (Chicken Nuggets) 

 Explanation.



 Flour. 

Egg.

Crunchy Stuff.

Hannah's participation. 

Mom also made this cute "welcome home" sign with the girls as a surprise to Hannah, Matt and I.




I honestly can tell you, readers, that my Mom's friendship and help that week is beyond thank you words. I really am speechless at her patience, willingness to simply serve, and joy in sharing that special transition time with us in the good and the ugly moments of it all. It is through the grace of her loving help that the transition from two to three girls was gentle on all. Matt and I enjoyed the opportunity to just focus on Rachael and Abi while studying and caring for Hannah's needs. With Mom there to tag-team the girls it gave each of us the opportunity to spend some one-on-one time with each little girl to reassure them of the continued love and support they will be getting amidst the new sister. It really just touched my heart beyond explanation to know that Rachael and Abi were getting special love and still keeping up "the normals" amidst Mommy learning to juggle it all. 

I am so blessed to have received the gracious gift to ease into the balance and the joy of three little girls. Matt was also able to return to work and school without abandonment fears. ;)  

And when mom returned to her life on the road with Daddy, the freshness of Hannah had worn off some and the reality of her living with us permanently had soaked in enough to allow for less chaos in the balance equation. =)


I really am beyond thankful at this indescribable gift of my Mother's to our family. And while it's taken me a little while to get to post about it (something about having 3 small kids), I did want to be sure to include a post about my awesome Mom in thanks for her love. 


- See my great example to work with in my own parenting? ;)

No comments: