Sunday, December 14, 2008

Revolving

"Four weeks" to go friends. Today marks nine months. And n one week our little one could show up at any time and be considered full term. Kinda neat, huh?

Last night Matt and I played Mary and Joseph in the live nativity. Matt dressed in about everything he could find and freezing to death - me in two shirts and a couple pair of pants with no gloves and warm as usual. Sometimes the inferno within is beneficial.

Had lunch yesterday with a few old and one current co-worker. Kinda funny how that helps classify me as being old. The career-jobs are the ones where the co-workers do things outside of the office for the sake of having a social life. Outside of college social lives revolve around co-workers, churches and families. And to prove myself old I was the first to show up and the only one to show up unfashionably late. I was hungry. We don't mess around with the lunch times here. =)

Today marks another obedience training class - second to last - and soon the rush from service to dog social time will be complete. I think Matt and I both are ready for it to be done. Dakota's done well and we've been given tools that we can use. We've found some united lingo and learned some of the basics that we were messing up on. But really I think we've come to a point where we're not interested in having a dog-show trained dog and the classes are leaning a bit more toward refining skills that we find unnecessary for our daily lives with our doggie. We just wanted basic training and basic training helps. And those we have received. So now obedience training is becoming a bit more of an obligation than a help. But we only have two more weeks including today so we'll be good. Never thought 8 weeks could feel so long though. Matt and I look forward to the days of non-2pm commitments on Sundays.

"Are you ready for the baby to come?" I feel like everyone I pass is asking these days and I'm sure it won't stop until I pop. I'm not exactly sure what to respond. It depends on the person I guess. Afterall, who is defining "ready?" According to the baby magazines Matt and I read in the baby Dr. waiting room to kill the time my house is far from baby-proof and sterile enough. According to other generations we have WELL more than we could ever need. (I agree with them). And yet Matt and I still have a few more things we would like to get before baby comes - a few more spoilers. If baby came home tomorrow, we would have more than enough to survive for a couple of days. But as for the nursery, we would like to get the crib up at some point and some of the odds and ends put in appropriate places prior to the greatest distraction of our attention moving in. So technically we're good. Non-technically, we'll get there. And magazine technically, we'll never be there... EVER (and we don't want to be). My house will never be a Lysol wiped fortress. Instead, a family will live here. And coffee table corners will still sting and our baby will not grow up wrapped in bubble wrap. =)

Okay, off to church. have a great Sunday all!

No comments: