Friday, December 26, 2008

16 Days in Counting

Welp friends. I have dropped. Not the ball. But the baby. Breathing a bit better today, which is nice because I haven't been able to experience the joys of dropping with this wonderful cold I've had for almost a week. The good thing is that the puking only lasted for one day (last Saturday), but I really have been missing my left nostril. It's nice that it's back for at least a visit today.

Christmas was wonderful. It was such a blessing to get to wake up at your own house and just stay there. That's right, my wonderful family came to us this year - in light of current circumstances. It was nice to get the early afternoon to just hang out with Mom and Dad. Jes and Nayt showed up around 3 and we ate at 4pm. Overall, it was a really relaxing day of no-shoes, dog petting and laughing. Such wonderful memories. "Everywhere you turn there's some kind of baby toy," mom commented as she happened upon the newest set of baby bathtub toys given us by a sweet lady at church. Tis true, friends, Matt and I are baby-ready. Matt said in the car on the way home from a quick visit to his family last night, "We're ready for the baby. Well, ready as not ready can be ready." He's got a point there. We're as ready as unready can be!

Got to hold John last night at the in-law's as I watched the family open the gifts from Matt and me. John was crying in Matt's arms. "John doesn't like me," he announced to the family. Matt handed him to me and he instantly calmed down. "That's not even fair!" said Matt. "He knows she's a mom," piped in Ellen to relieve Matt's conscience. I kinda felt bad. I didn't do anything he wasn't doing. John just got quiet for me. The poor little gass-y fellow was trying to "work it all out" last night. According to Ellen this is a daily occurrence for him. He and I enjoyed some good snuggle time on the couch. He's a good snuggler that sweet little one. It was nice to have a snuggle friend after a long, but good day. - Looking forward to meeting our little one. -

I'm just taking a quick break here at work so I better get back to things here. I get to make up my own hours for today as I finish paperwork. So far I'm one of one here at the building, but afterall it's 7:30am. I got here at 5:30am after waking up at 4:30am and feeling as rested as usual. I just headed on in with hopes of getting home around the time that Matt wakes up and just in time for lunch. With a quick after-lunch nap I'll be good for the rest of the day. I thought this sounded like a good alternative to taking a vacation day that I could have otherwise taken when our baby chooses to bless us with their in-arms presence.

Alrighty, so have a good morning friends and I'm back to the "grind" here at the dead, but productive office. - Oooo, signs of life are heard down the hallway. -

No comments: