Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Forum of Uneventfuls

All of my dreams last night regarded labor. Guess my brain was working out childbirth class. We're now halfway through Childbirth classes. And my dreams revolved around non-gory thoughts like the beginning hours of mild contractions filled with character and laughs (or so it's said). And in my dreams Matt and I were unprepared, yet prepared and just waiting in eager anticipation. Last night on the way home from the class we discussed getting the car seat installed in the backseat of my car soon. Just in case... And it hit me that in a few short days I'll be down to a one-handed count of the weeks left before we are due. "Wow, once we get to five weeks that's going to fly. I mean 6 weeks feels long, but something about 5 feels quick." I commented to the Popsicle riding shotgun. "It's already quick," said the 6 week-out church planner, "especially when you think of all the stuff we have planned for the next weeks." "Yeah, after Christmas we'll be two weeks out," the words fell out but the reality of that experience still foreign to me. "And Ellen's due next week (Wednesday)," his words hit the still air.

Matt's headed to a Spartan (Michigan State) basketball game with his Dad tonight and he'll return tomorrow some time. I've got another late night to put in at work, but I don't really mind it because Matt's gonna be gone. It'll also feel good to be completely caught up with work. Hopefully I won't be there too late. But thank you cards await me tonight when I get home and I'm hoping those will be enough to keep me from going completely insane from the silence. I may need to get creative tonight. =)

For Jes, Matt's t-shirts no longer fit well at all. Most of the big shirts I find myself stuffing into with hopes that the tops of my pants that automatically roll down due to my low-rider baby will not be seen due to the centimeter's hang-over of shirt to the top of my pants. In fact most shirts I am fearful of stretching out due to the "eleven pound baby" that Matt finds to be a funny joke. "Or have it your way," he said last night after his umpteen joke about us having a huge baby, "seven pounds." It's sad to watch my pregnancy clothes that used to be "so big" slowly shrink to an un-fit-able shirt. And that "winter coat" raincoat that I got in it's oversized and only $6 glory from the thrift store now has a whoppin' 2 centimeters left in it before I pop out of that one too. Bummer, man. Bummer.

Yes, world, there is more to my life than pregnancy - for those of you who are getting tired of reading prego posts. But you must know that in the "real world" I don't talk too much about pregnancy and, therefore, you all get this wonderful forum of uneventful events. Oh lucky you!

Okay, off to work now.
Take care, all.

No comments: