Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Partially Because I'm a Nerd

Tomorrow, Matt and I will be going to Southern. I really am so excited! It's a fun start to schooling that feels more like the "real deal" with each passing day. I can't even imagine what Matt must be thinking about starting his final stage of schooling toward getting the degree that the Lord called him to about 3 or so years ago. Only knowing my husband he'd probably have some calm, cool response to my childish joy. You know, some logical, well-thought-out, "well, technically my schooling has been pursuing what God has called me to" or "well, we'll just see how well I do in Seminary before getting all excited." But I'm more than happy to run through my clover field with shoes tossed to the wind.

But even beyond the joys of moving forward with Matt's schooling comes the excitement of pursuing our family goals and dreams together. I really feel like Matt and I, while him being the graded student, will walking forward together from start to finish in his Master's of Divinity. It's just so neat to watch him run after the Lord's call on his life and I'm so blessed to be a part of it.


And then this dorky tendencies arises within me at the thought of reading Matt's textbooks in apologetics, Biblical history, and even Greek. Yep, that's right, Matt married a full out nerd who can't wait to read textbooks. What a pick!

But it's just neat to start to see the fruit of Matt's perseverance. And it's really neat to think of our steps toward God's purpose in our lives. It kind of makes the sacrifices and the annoyances of the work field feel more worth it in my most impatient moments.

I'm so blessed that God has opened my mind to the joys of what feels like big steps in Him.

Congratulations, Matt, on being ordained and getting ready to finish your undergraduate degree. I am so proud of you.

- I love you.-

1 comment:

Renee said...

Can't wait to hear about the trip! This is your adventure, too!! As you said, Matt is the student, but you are the ever-important supporter! Your support and encouragement will mean much to Matt throughout the process. When he graduates, you will graduate, too!! You'll be the one without the cap and gown! :)