Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Moving on to the Next Paper

Training day one...

"And here's a bunch of crap you won't remember anyway so knodd your heads and we'll move onto the next paper. This one's the taddle-tale form, the next one's a big packet on the computer program that doesn't work so you can read it later- as a bedtime story cause you're not human if it doesn't put you to sleep, or you can take my approach... call Dale (computer programing guy) and don't bother reading the manual at all."


Training day two...

"Yes, and Vicky... you can click in under the following password."
"It's Monica..."
"Huh?"
"My name's Monica, Sir."
"Oh okay, thanks for correcting me. I really appreciate it. I guess Vicky left earlier (checks his papers)."
"So Wendy, just look at the computer next to you and I'll show you what I mean."
-sigh-



Welcome newbie!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Oh, the joys of a new job! I bet next week they will know your name! Can't wait to hear how things go after orientation!

Monica said...

hehe. thanks. it's the "higher-ups" that have no idea who I am- or at least just one guy that has a new name for me each infrequent meeting. But now he's just suceeded to the "I recognize your face but have no idea who you are" insincere 'how's the new job?' But it's okay, I'll keep pretending like him that I'm not a "therapist" trained to read body language above vocalization. ;)