Friday, April 18, 2008

"All I'd Wish I'd Said"

I'm just poking around through reading material regarding play therapy techniques, general counseling techniques for child-parent psychotherapy of child witnesses of family violence, and other "attempting to get ahead" materials. Now that I have my own office, playing a familiar CD is not a disruption to others, so I enjoyed a new, yet I've had it for a good while, taste of thought processing through music. And this song graced my ears. So as it's on repeat for the past ten to fifteen minutes, I thought I'd share it right quick before I take my break on down to Subway to get my last meal before the 30 hour famine with the youth begins.


Hold On by Nicole Nordeman
(dedication by Nicole: for Meredith and all I'd wish I'd said)

It will find you at the bottom of a bottle
It will find you at the needle's end
It will find you when you beg and steal and borrow
It will follow you into a stranger's bed
It will find you when they serve you with the papers
It will find you when the locks have changed again
It will find you when you've called in all your favors
It will meet you at the bridge's highest ledge

So baby don't look down, it's a long way
The sun will come around to a new day

So hold on
Love will find you
Hold on
He's right behind you now
Just turn around
And love will find you


It will find you when the doctor's head is shaking
It will find you in a boardroom, mostly dead
It will crawl into the foxhole where you're praying
It will curl up in your halfway empty bed
So baby don't believe that it's over
Maybe you can't see 'round the corner?


To hang between two thieves in the darkness
Love must believe you're worth it
You're worth it...

So hold on
Love will find you
Just turn around, He's right behind you now
Just turn around...


love will find you



~ I particularly enjoy the way that Nicole Nordeman describes the refuge and rescue characteristics of the Lord. And this song was also neat to think of in light of the truth that God is Love. Therefore, the names can be used interchangably. It was a neat reminder of God's grace this morning that I hope blessed your heart through mere text of Truth. Too bad I can't actually play the song for you reader(s), but posting the lyrics seems to be the scope of my posting practice abilities. Let me know if you'd like to hear the song sometime and I'll loan you the CD. It's on the "Brave" CD entitled "Hold On". You can click on the link and scroll down to get a clip of it if you'd like.

No comments: